Thursday, November 20, 2008

Trust in me...

How many people do you fully trust? Do you even trust your own friends? I feel like trust, in any relationship can either make it or break it. "Can I trust that my girl is really going to the store? Can I trust that my friend is just hanging out with my girlfriend?" These are obviously hypothetical questions, but questions that one may ask themselves one day. And I believe that if one can say without a doubt 100% yes to these kind of questions, then you have found a relationship worth keeping. I have many acquaintances, but a very select group of friends. Don't get me wrong, I like the people I surround myself with. If I don't like you then I won't be around you. I like to keep company of people with the same interests, goals, and lifestyles. But the reason my friends are my friends is because I can trust them and vice versa. "The best thing is not knowing that your friends have your back, it's knowing that you have theirs." Trust goes both ways. I think the best way to gain trust is through honesty, communication, and loyalty. Honesty: show that you can tell someone something even if its gonna piss them off. Communication: This ain't hide and seek. Loyalty: stick to those who mean the most to you. Don't go and hook up with your best friends ex-girlfriend. C'mon now. In the end, if you can't trust your friends, then who are you gonna trust. But in order to gain your friends trust, they have to gain yours.


You never knew...

No comments: